Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Africa.

Hi baby girl,

Yes, I haven't written in awhile. Shame on me. But today I have some interesting thoughts so here they are...

So you may not know this but my heart lies in Africa. Since I was a teeny weeny girl I've had this passion to go to Africa and to serve children and women there. I had a dream (literally!) when I was small and I knew exactly what kind of work I wanted to do there. Of course, not many people were very supportive of the dream. Nevertheless, if God puts a dream in your heart, nobody can take it away darling!

So this little dream lay dormant in my heart until it came time for me to choose which university to go to. I so badly wanted to go to Singapore. I had my heart set on a certain university and I was sure it was going to work out. But alas, the door was shut and I had to choose the last place on Earth I wanted to be in. Malaysia. The time came for me to leave to Uni and you would not believe my surprise when I got down from the taxi and I saw hundreds of Africans in my university. I was so excited. Could God have shut all other doors to bring me here for this purpose? I can tell you that in those 3 years, I had the privilege of getting to know the Africans and learning about their culture and some of the best and happiest memories of my life, I was able to share with them. They are such beautiful people! So kind and generous and full of laughter and joy! And I remember the night of my graduation I wept because I had to leave them and I may not see them again. That was how much they impacted my life. They left a mark in my heart, no other nationality has ever done.

Even a few days ago, I thought about them and was crying in daddy's arms 'cos I realized how much I missed them. How much they brought into my life and how much goodness they brought out of me. And yesterday your daddy and I were invited to sing and play at a english church in Finland. So we went there prepared to be a blessing to them. But when I got there there were two Africans singing and playing. I just sat there and smiled and tears came to my eyes again. Because for the first time since coming to Finland, I felt so much at home. I felt unexplainable joy. I didn't know but I felt like they were my family. I felt like this is where I belonged. It was a beautiful moment. And the funniest thing was that I met my first Sri Lankan in Finland that night as well, but it didn't compare to the joy of being in the presence of these beautiful Africans and hearing that so familiar accent and those beautiful voices.

And in moments like those, I know Africa is not just a dream. It's my future home.

Love,
Mummy

Just a few of my amazing African friends <3








No comments:

Post a Comment