Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

I already love you...

To my baby girl,

I don’t know you yet, my darling. I haven’t seen your little fingers and your miniscule feet. I haven’t seen the colour of your jewel eyes. I don’t even know what the tone of your skin will be. Will you have curly hair like mine? Or beautiful silky hair like your daddy? I can’t picture you yet, but I already love you. In fact, I adore you. Tears are coming to my eyes, because I never thought it was possible to love someone before you met them. But I know now, I love you already.

I’m sure it will be a few years before I meet you, but I will continue to write these letters to write to you, and someday when you are grown up, hopefully you will read them.

I’m sharing my life with you, my precious. For the simple reason that I want you to know how human I am. I want you to know that I have made mistakes, just like you will. I want you to know that even though most days are good, I also have bad days. Because one day you may grow up to think that mommy and daddy have forgotten what it’s like to be young. That we are super-human. But I don’t think we could ever forget our youth. I want to share my lessons with you, my success and my failure. I want you to read these some day and know that mummy does understand what it’s like to have your heart-broken or mummy does know what it’s like to be lonely and scared. But most of all, I want you to know that mummy went through some hard times but those hard times always pass. I also want to share God with you. He has been my closest and best-friend since I was born, and I want Him to be yours too. He will always stand by you. Trust me on this.

I don’t ever want to see you hurt, although I know maybe I will. That breaks my heart even now. To think you could be hurt. But hopefully through the little lessons I share with you, I hope you could learn to avoid some of those things which could hurt you. They say a wise person learns from a fool’s mistakes. Learn from mine, my precious.

This is my heart which I will continue to share with you over the many months and years. I want to see you grow up into a beautiful lady someday. A smart and wise woman who loves God with all her heart and knows how to love people too.

That is all, for now. I love you so much. I dream of the day I will hold your tiny frame in my arms.

With much love,
Your mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment