Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Little Things

Dear Darling,

Everyday on my way to work I pass by this house. There's nothing really special about this house, except for an old, fat, lazy-looking Dalmatian who sleeps on the porch. For the first few days I saw him, I always thought to myself, 'That dog needs some exercise!' And I noticed that over the days every time I turned down that road, I would sort of be looking forward to pass that house so I could see this Dalmatian. Sometimes I would even panic, 'Have I missed the house already??' and then I would be calmer once we actually did pass the house and I would see the sleepy doggy lazily lounged on the porch. Today I realized how much excitement it brought me to pass that house!

I was thinking to myself, 'What is wrong with me?!' Have I become so lame that a random dog in a random house excites me? Ha.

But I realized, THIS is life. People wait their whole life for big things to happen. Big adventures. Big surprises. Big gestures. Big jobs. Big parties. Big money. Big everything. And we miss the small, tiny things that pass by us everyday. I guess that's why a lot of people are unhappy or unsatisfied.

That dog is not even my dog, but he brings me joy. In fact, I don't even know if he is a boy. Nevertheless, I shall call him Pumba and he shall be my Pumba. *smirk*

I encourage you, look around you for the little, simple things that can change your life, bring you joy and make everyday less monotonous. Purposely find little things to be grateful for.

 
Here is a list of little things I am grateful for today:

1. I managed to open my water bottle without spilling it's entire contents on myself
2. Today when I got to work I didn't have to stand outside the gate for 20min, like I usually do because unlike other days, the dude who opens the gate, came before me. Yay.
3. Daddy & I successfully finished our little Bible reading plan on marriage
4. The Sun. Anyone who has lived in Finland, will relate.
5. My boss appears to be in a good mood. He even smiled.
6. I'm having a good hair day. Sort of.
7. I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband, family and a crazy bunch of friends!
8. I am not a duck.

So again, "enjoy the little things in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things"

Love you muchly,
Mummy 


No comments:

Post a Comment