Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

'Get Over It, Kid'


Dear baby girl,

There are those days that you wake up and the first word on your lips is ‘Why?’ Or those moments you want to ‘facepalm’ everyone around you. A polite way of speaking, if I may. There are days when feeling unappreciated or undervalued is an understatement. Or those moments when the constant conflict and chaos around you tend to wear you out. There are days when there is not enough love, not enough joy and not enough warmth around you to refuel your broken spirit. There are days when you are well and truly stuck with no hope of escape or deliverance. There are moments of pure loneliness that no earthly being could fix. 

And on those days you know what I do?

I pat myself on the head and tell myself ‘Get over it, kid

‘Cos life is too wonderful. Life is too short. Life is too precious.

Sooo...


Love,
Mummy   

1 comment: